The first World Travel Awards was in 1993 to recognize excellence in travel, tourism and hospitality industries.
Ireland rightly so has been voted in the last few years for a leading destination to visit with excellent range of attractions & things to do to cater for every traveler. Europcar’s Tourism Index gives a detailed understanding of the tourist experience in Ireland-
56% of tourists have holidayed in Ireland previously and returned again. Over 40% of visitors said experiencing the landscape was their main reason for visiting Ireland. Irish landscape and scenery continues to be central draw for tourism with Ireland’s range of natural attractions.
94% of tourists rated the Wild Atlantic Way’s overall experience as either Excellent or Very Good.
- Europe’s Leading Low-Cost Airline 2017 : Aer Lingus & Ryanair
- Europe’s Leading Business Car Rental Company 2017 : Europcar
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Car Rental Company 2017 : Europcar Prestige
- Europe’s Leading City Break Destination 2017 : Belfast, Northern Ireland & Dublin, Ireland
- Europe’s Leading Destination 2017 : Ireland
- Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2017 : Spike Island, Ireland & Guinness Storehouse, Dublin
- Europe’s Leading Green Hotel 2017 : Sandymount Hotel, Ireland
- Europe’s Leading Island Resort 2017 : Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, Ireland
- Europe’s Leading Meetings & Conference Hotel 2017 : Hilton Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Europe’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre 2017 : The Convention Centre Dublin, Ireland
See full World Travel Awards nominations list here